Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not planning should be part of the plan

No training for me today. Just too busy.

Tonight, I went to the St. Louis Triathlon Club meeting. The topic at the meeting was periodization, which basically means organizing your training. Right now, I'm training without any real planning, which is actually part of my plan. I like to have a very unstructured "off-season," to prevent burnout from intense and more structured training during the rest of the year. I think it is important to have this time at some point, weather it's taking a couple of weeks off after a big race, or training without structure during the winter. Your body and your mind will thank you for not planning every once and awhile.

Katie - sorry I got sidetracked on this tonight. I'll be back on your topic of cross training tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment