Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My son may be a lefty, but I'm not!

Today, I finally got to try out our new Computrainer by doing a 30 minute critical power test, so I'll have a basis to start some power based cycling training. One thing became apparent during the test, which I had never noticed on my few other times on a Computrainer . . . my left leg is less efficient than my right leg. I always thought I had a pretty even 50/50 split, but after today's test, it looks like that is no longer the case. Every time my concentration dropped just a little bit, I would find that my left leg was at 46%. My pedal stroke was also rather choppy, but I guess I have to expect that after being off of the bike for over 4 months. Looks like I have a lot of work to do on the bike! Total miles on the bike today was 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment