Sunday, January 25, 2009

Big River Training Team Begins

Today was the first workout for the Big River Marathon and Half-Marathon Training Team. I'm happy to be back helping out with this group. I've learned so much about training for the run from Ben, the runners in the group, and the other coaches. I had a great time meeting everyone in the group today and am really looking forward to running with the team every week.

I also got my marathon training plan today. It look pretty challenging, but I'm going to give it my all! Today's run was an easy 6 miles, which was really relaxing after yesterday's freezing 13 miles.

As I mentioned in my first post, I wasn't planning on getting my business started quite as quickly as I did. I wish I would have had more of the infrastructure in place before before I really started taking on clients. However, things now seem to be falling into place.

My husband spent the day making bike stands, so my clients will be able to practice realistic transitions. It took a little figuring out on his part, so that the stands will work for both mountain bikes and road bikes, but I think he has it worked out. My dad also got involved in this project. Both my dad and my husband are engineers, so I just asked that the racks not be too complicated for me to put together, because from the way they were talking about building them, you'd think they were designing an award winning civil engineering project! I have complete faith that the racks will be wonderful.

That's it for tonight. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to update my picture, but it is not showing up. I also commented on your blog from last night, but it doesn't show up either?
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete