Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 3 of Marathon Training

Today's workout for me was an 8 mile run at an easy pace. I did the 8 at 9:37 pace on the treadmill. Felt good for the whole run! It's going to be a challenge to train for the marathon in April while building my base for the Ironman in September, but my plan is to do my run workouts as scheduled and to get in one swim and one bike per week until after the marathon is over. The bike and swim workouts will be focusing on building endurance and working on technique. Hopefully, that will be enough. We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Carrie. I posted pictures of my YakTrax on my blog in case people are interested in running in the snow. I played with the on today, but I ran on the treadmill today since I was doing a tempo run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, 8 miles on the treadmill. That would be like torture for me! I would so much rather be outside if at all possible. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete