Thursday, January 15, 2009

The JCC training group is doing great!

Had a great practice with the training team at the pool tonight. They had a tough workout, but everyone did a great job! Beth asked if I thought they were getting better. Yes! Everyone's swimming has improved a lot.

I got in 2600 yards tonight in the pool which was a decent workout. We'll call it my second Ironman swim workout.

I'll be running the Go! St. Louis Marathon in April. Marathon training "officially" starts for me in about 1 week. I'm looking forward to training and the race. I'm in much better shape this year than I was at this time last year. I've been getting a long run and a few other runs in every week, for the last couple of months. From now until the marathon, I'll be focusing primarily on running and will try to get at least one swim and one bike in each week, to have a little bit of a base to start Ironman training right after the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment