Monday, January 5, 2009

It's only January 5th, and I'm already behind . . .

I wanted to start my training blog on January 1st, but as usual, I'm running behind. I invite you to follow me as I begin my triathlon coaching career and train for my first Ironman distance triathlon.

Let me quickly get you up to speed. I love triathlon, and I love helping others. So last year, I decided to put those two things together and became a USAT Certified Level 1 Coach. I'm not really big on credentials or certifications, but I thought it might be good for business.

I was planning on starting a triathlon coaching business in 2009, but was approached by a friend to help her and some of her friends train for the JCC Indoor Triathlon, so I actually ended up starting my business at the end of last year. I'm happy to say that I have 5 people in the JCC training group, and we are in week 4 of our training and all seems to be going well.

Now, let's get caught up on my training since the first of the year:
Thursday, January 1st - Did running speedwork 5X800's on the track - felt good
Friday, January 2nd - Ran 6 miles - felt good
Saturday, January 3rd - Ran 5 miles with the training group and then another 9 for a nice 14 mile run
Sunday, January 4th - Went for a very cold 20 mile bike ride with Tara. It was 35 degrees with 22 mph winds, making it feel like 22 degrees. I think this is the coldest ride I've ever been on.
Monday, January 5th - Ran 5 miles on the treadmill.

Well that's it for my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment