Thursday, January 29, 2009

Awesome swimming today!

Today was a scheduled day off for me, and I took full advantage of it.

I had a swim practice in the morning and the evening with the JCC training group today. I was excited both times when I left the pool, because everyone's swimming has improved so much in the last 7 weeks. I have no doubts that everyone will be ready for the race next weekend!

For me there is nothing better as a coach than seeing my athletes improve. After working with everyone over the last seven weeks, I think we're starting to establish what everyone needs to work on going forward. Now, the real fun in coaching begins. That is, how to we fix the problems? It's easy to say "Beth, you need to finish your stroke all the way" or "Aron, you need to relax" . . . but how do we actually change these things in our swimming stroke. After tonight's workout, I did a lot of thinking on the way home and started coming up with some solutions to some of these problems. I'm really looking forward to working though some of these things as we progress throughout the season.

Thanks everyone for a great workout today!

No comments:

Post a Comment