Monday, May 4, 2009

Start of week 4

Met with a new client, Susan, tonight. I'm going to be helping her with her cycling. She was great. She is a mother of 7, who started doing triathlons last year with her oldest daughter. She's a very good athlete and has the potential to be at the top in her age group.

Friday, I had a swim scheduled, but didn't get it in. Happy to say, I made it up on Monday.

Saturday, I rode 12 miles with the training group, then ran 2 miles and then hopped back on my bike for another 23 miles.

Sunday, in the morning, I ran 5 miles with my husband. Great progress! In the afternoon, I headed to the pool for a 2200 yard set.

Monday, I did 2000 yards at the pool and road Grant's Trail with Susan for 16 miles on the bike. The bike workout wasn't as scheduled, but it's all part of balancing coaching with training and the rest of life.

Today marked the 4th week of my Ironman training. I'm happy to say that I haven't missed a workout yet. A few workouts haven't been exactly as planned, but I'm happy with how things are going. I've got one more fairly light week this week and then my mileage will start to climb. If my knee holds out, and I continue to get most of my workouts in, I think a finish at Ironman Louisville is definitely acheivable.

No comments:

Post a Comment