Saturday, May 9, 2009

Epiphany Race for the Starts

This morning I rode 20 miles with the training group and then rode another 30 on my own. Felt great during and after the ride. I can really tell that my endurance on the bike has improved during my first four weeks of training. I hope this trend continues.

This evening I ran the Epiphany Race for the Stars 5K with my husband. This was the first race in the Big River South City Racing series. We took turns pushing Henry in the jogger. The course was pretty hilly, which made it fairly challenging with the stroller. We thought we were doing pretty good and at mile 1 we got passed by a man pushing a double stroller. We later passed him at mile 2, and he was walking. I guess that stroller wasn't as easy to push as he thought! It was a beautiful evening and the race was fun. The good news is that my knee seems to have survived the hills. Keeping my fingers crossed that my days of knee pain are far behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment