Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Speedy Henry

Sunday, I ran 6 miles on the treadmill, because it started raining just when I was getting ready to go outside. After about a mile on the treadmill, I was wishing I had run outside in the rain.

Monday, I road an hour on the Computrainer. Making some progress on smoothing out my pedal stroke from where it was a couple of months ago. Very happy that the bike is getting easier, as when I started my Ironman training, an hour ride was really tough.

Tuesday, went to the pool in the am, got in as many yards as I could in 40 minutes, which turned out to be 2900 today. Got a little side tracked with my workout, as a lady at the pool was begging me to come to the AM outdoor lap swimming sessions which start after Memorial Day. She was afraid they won't open up the outdoor pool in the morning if enough people don't show up. She even offered to bring bagels for breakfast occasionally. Obviously she really likes swimming outside! Tuesday PM, I went to speedwork for a workout of 5X800 @ 10K pace. Total mileage for the night was about 5 miles.

Henry had fun at speedwork tonight too. He ran a lap around the track, which was nothing compared to the 3 laps he ran last week. Now he's eating his snack and then going to bed. Yes, we have his sleeping schedule straightened out, and I'm happy to report that everyone in the Clay house is now getting enough sleep again.

Off to walk the dogs. Should I include that in my training mileage?

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are getting some sleep! It was a nice night for speedwork :)

    ReplyDelete