Friday, February 13, 2009

Feeling Speedy in my Speedstars


I think that a key to successful Ironman training for me is going to be getting into a training schedule and sticking to it. I was happy that I was able to get my run in early today. I'm going to have to get used to these early workout soon, as it's going to be important to get that early workout in when I have to workouts a day on a regular basis.

I did a progression run today. 20 minutes easy, 20 minutes medium pace, and 20 minutes just over marathon pace. Total distance with a warm-up and cool-down was 10 miles. I wore my new Asics Speedstar 3 shoes. They definitely made me feel speedy. They had just the right amount of cushioning without being too spongy. I think these will be great speedwork and racing shoes for me, as a racing flat just doesn't give me quite enough cushioning. They made my feet feel light and fast. When I first put them on, I felt like the tongue was rubbing the inside of my foot, but after a couple of miles, this seemed to go away and wasn't a problem. After a 10 miler, these shoes seem like a good choice. Can't wait to try them on a longer run. Above is a pic of my pretty new speedy shoes. I don't think the other pair of shoes in the picture needs an explanation.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should do the IronMan in the Elmo slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should! Henry seems to run pretty fast in them! I'll have to see if they come in my size.

    ReplyDelete