Sunday, February 8, 2009

Congrats to the JCC Training Grouup!

Congratulations to Aron, Beth, Laura, and Tara for a great race at the JCC Indoor Triathlon today. It was the first tri for most of these guys, and they all did a great job! Also, Aron and Tara were caught on tape while they were racing and were shown of Fox 2 news, which was really exciting. Everyone came so far during our 8 weeks of training together. I was so impressed with how everyone in the training group did. They all finished the race strong and showed good form on the swim. I had so much fun working with this group and can't wait until the next training group starts.

This was the first indoor triathlon, and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was a great event. It was well organized and all of the athletes and volunteers were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this race as a great first triathlon race or as a good chance of pace from, the often boring, winter training.

Didn't get my long run in as scheduled today, as I wanted to watch the Grammy's. I did manage to get in 8 miles today. I felt great. I'm going to try to get my long run in tomorrow. I always hate missing it on the weekend, because it's so hard to squeeze it in during the week. One small piece of advice tonight . . . don't miss your weekly long run.

Totals for the week: Swim 0 yards, Bike 0 miles, Run 32.5 miles, 2 core workouts

Although my mileage was low for the week, I'm still happy with it, as I was sick. I'm happy that the only run I missed was today's, but hopefully, that's just going to be a flip-flop of workouts and really won't end up being a missed workout.

Congrats again to everyone who did the JCC Race!

1 comment: