Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Training is going great!

The bad news is that I haven't blogged for a few days. The good news is that I've been keeping up with my workouts, my knee is feeling great, and I generally feel good.

A lot has happened since my last post. Last night, I had a great time at the Maplewood Multisport clinic on heart rate and power training. It really made me want to get a power meter. The iBike is very tempting, because of it's price, but I'm somewhat skeptical about its accuracy. If any one has an iBike, I'd love to hear about it. Also, found a great deal at www.competitivecyclist.com on a Powertap Comp for $695, including the wheel, which is also very tempting. Note to anyone thinking about getting a bike, you may want to buy a less expensive bike, so you can afford a power meter.

I was back at Maplewood today for Beth's bike fit. Beth got an awesome new Trek road bike, with matching white grip tape, seat, and shoes. Very sharp! I suspect she will be very fast on it.

Tonight, it was off to the pool for Deena's first swim session. She did amazing! I was very impressed. I'm really looking forward to working with her. I'm starting to get excited for the Rec Plex race, because I can't wait to see how everyone does.

My training log . . .

Sunday, I did a 5 mile walk/run, alternating 1 mile running and 1 mile walking.
Monday, 1:10 with some short power intervals on the bike
Tuesday, 2000 yards in the pool and a 30 minute jog. I'm happy to report that I jogged the entire 30 minutes!
Wednesday, 1:10 on the bike, with some longer power intervals. Note to self, turn the AC on in the house when doing this workout. I got very hot. I also did a brief core and strength workout.

Thanks for reading! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment