Sunday, April 19, 2009

My first WALKING half-marathon

Today was the Go! St. Louis Marathon and Half-Marathon. I walked the half-marathon with my husband, Aron. If you've been following my blog, you probably know that I was planning on running the full marathon, but was not able to due to a knee injury.

First of all the weather in STL was horrible today. It rained for a good part of the race and there were lots of puddles on the course. Congratulations to everyone who completed the race in less than ideal weather!

Being at the race today was a little hard for me. It was tough to see all of the runners, knowing that I couldn't run. However, I'm glad I still participated, and Aron and I had a good time. We finished in 3:05:17. Yes, somehow, both of us managed to get the exact same time.

I saw a few of my clients at the race. I yelled for you, but no one looked my way. I know some of you had headphones on during the race, but I won't name any names.

In addition to walking 13.1 miles today, I also road for 2 hours on my indoor bike trainer. I was hoping to get out on the road today, but the weather kept me inside.

Here are my totals for my first week of Ironman training: Swimming: 3300 yards, Biking: 4 hours, Walking/Elliptical: 4 hours, Strength Training: 2 sessions

One week down, 19 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Great work Carrie! Sorry I missed you if you cheered for me. Great job on all the workouts!

    ReplyDelete