Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mental Focus

Yesterday, I did 1300 yards in the pool. A very short workout, but I know I will come to appreciate these types of workouts over the next few months.

Today, I was back on my trainer for another hour of spinning. My mental focus was much better then it was on Monday, which made the hour pass quickly. I use to struggle to maintain my concentration on the bike. Last year, I finally feel like I had a breakthrough and was much more focused on the bike. I hope I continue with last year's trend and improve my ability to tune out outside distractions even more.

Although the ability to tune out distractions isn't going to lead to a successful race on it's own, a lack of focus on the task at hand can definitely result in disaster on the race course. I've found that practicing my concentration during my training sessions results in improved concentration on race day and more effective workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment