Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shouldn't I be training?

Do you ever feel like you should be training on rest days? It's very normal to feel like this, but rest days or easy recovery days are very important to any training plan. I had another day off today during this low mileage week of my marathon training. I really felt like I should have done a run, but I stuck to my training plan. I have to have faith in the plan!

I had a great session at the pool with Lisa and Alan tonight. As I told them, they are starting to look like swimmers! It's so much fun to watch my clients improve. I'm starting to get really excited about group training which will be starting next month. I have the group training schedule put together. It should be up on my website shortly. The first training group will be for the St. Peter's Rec Plex Triathlon and will start on April 25th.

I also had a lot of fun watching Henry in the pool tonight. He had a great time playing with daddy and trying to swim "laps" I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with him at the pool this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I have been feeling strange (but good) all week taking more rest days. Getting to the start line healthy is the goal, so I know you have to respect the rest periods.

    ReplyDelete