Sunday, June 28, 2009

Best week of coaching and training yet

Had a great week of training this week. Starting to feel like my running form is improving. Now running 9:30 pace at the same level of effort I use to run 10:15 pace on my long runs. It's crazy how much a little change in form can help.

Yesterday's group ride with my training group was awesome! We rode 30 miles, longest ride so far for these guys, held a good pace, and rode nicely together as a group. Looking forward to doing some longer rides. They're ready for it.

Also had a great ride with Susan today. We only rode about 12 miles during her cycling lesson, but she has improved her hill riding tremendously in just a few weeks. I can now see her attacking hills, both up and down. Just a few weeks ago, she was too afraid to ride aggesively and was really struggling with shifting and gearing during climbs. No evidence of these problems today. I was very impressed!

Feeling great. All workouts this week were completed better then expected!

Totals for the week Swim: 3000 yards (1 workout), Bike: 160 miles (4 workouts, Long Ride = 75 miles), Run: 30 miles (3 Workouts, Long Run = 12 miles)

1 comment:

  1. Nice article. The proper training was discussed as an physical skills will improved. I like your blog and its really cool. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete